Monday, February 25, 2008

Baby Steps Towards Animation

Hey everyone!

This week I've attempted an experiment: an animated gif. You'll notice that the style of this drawing is a little cruder than my normal work. That's because this piece was more about learning the process of how to make this kind of a file rather than the drawing itself.

I think it was pretty successful in conveying the movement of someone getting his big toe tickled and the resulting toe-wigging. The animation is a bit choppy, as there are only six frames drawn. If I drew twice or three times that many, it would be a lot smoother.

Animation isn't going to be something I'll be able to do often simply because of the time involved. However, I'd love to hear everyone thinks of this one and if it's something you'd be interested in seeing more of in the future.

Sloth's piece this week finally features the pirate that greets you when you first visit the site, who I've affectionately named "Captain Greenfeather". This is one of my new favorites by Sloth, and I know you'll love it too!

Photobucket

Drop me an e-mail to let me know what you think of this week's update!

Achilles

1 comment:

ticklemysheersocks said...

HOLY HOTNESS!!! Both pieces this week are above and beyond hot! The Cabin Boy art is so delicious in so many ways... I especially love his scrunching toes. And the animated foot and feather and the laughing mouth and eyes in panicked motion - I couldn't stop staring at it. Both made for a very happy Monday. ;-)