Monday, March 17, 2008

A Two-Part Update

I knew there was a reason I was putting this request off...

This week I chose to tackle a request I received when the site first launched. A member wanted to see foot tickling as an art installation piece: bare feet sticking out of a wall inviting visitors to the gallery to tickle them. Video monitors would show the laughing faces of the men being tickled.

I have to say this was the most challenging request to pull off so far. So much so, that I didn't allot myself enough time to get the coloring finished in time for today's update. The fully colored piece will be added on Tuesday.

This piece involves NINE tickle victim's laughing faces and bare feet (Although, to be fair, you can only clearly see seven). The really tricky part involved how to show a relationship between the anonymous feet and the faces on the video monitors. I tried to draw feet that looked like they belonged to each corresponding face. The relationships will become much clearer in the color drawing.

Photobucket

Look for the color version on Tuesday, along with a few additions to the Free Archive section!

Achilles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's really an incredible drawing, and no wonder you weren't able to get to the coloring! Reminds me of a dream I had once... I can't wait to see the finished product! :) Keep up the excellent work!