Friday, February 1, 2013

X-Tremely Hot

I'm a gigantic comics nerd, but I've become selective in my old age, and pretty much only follow artists that I really like these days. I don't read many of the X-Men books anymore, but this cover of X-Treme X-Men #9 caught my eye...
Jesus, that's a sexy image. I've always been hot for both Marvel's Hercules and Wolverine, and here they are in all of their half-naked hairy glory. I bought the issue because of the cover alone.

Imagine my surprise when I read the book and realized that it takes place in an alternate reality where Herc and Wolvie are GAY LOVERS. Holy crap! There's a couple I never thought I'd see happen in mainstream comics.

Congrats, Marvel! You managed to turn me on AND break down barriers in the comics publishing industry at the same time.

No comments: