Thursday, July 14, 2011

Save BORDERS!

It's not often that the closing of a retail store makes me sad. But there's something about the big chain box bookstores that I find very comforting. I love browsing through a Barnes & Noble or a Borders, sipping coffee, being around books and music.

Now, it seems, Borders it teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. It's looking like they're going to have to shut down their remaining 200 stores and fire 11,000 employees.

It may be too little, too late, but I'd encourage everyone to visit their local Borders or go to Borders.com and buy something immediately. Maybe that blu-ray you've been putting off buying, or a box set of a book series you've always wanted to read. 

Also, spread the word and tell your friends and family to do the same. 

I know that this country would be a lesser place with fewer book stores. It's time to show our support for the things we love.

Achilles

No comments: